DAAD Scholarship for Fall 2022 Semester Intake at Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand
DAAD Scholarship at AIT is Funded by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).
Application Deadline for August 2022 Intake: December 1st, 2021
For this scholarship, applicants need to apply for one of the following programs under the Department of Development and Sustainability, School of Environment, Resources and Development to be eligible for this scholarship. Please select your academic program carefully when applying for the admission AIT system.
- Development Planning Management and Innovation (DPMI)
- Gender and Development Studies (GDS)
- Natural Resources Management (NRM)
Note: Please contact our staff if you are not sure about which program to apply for.
Get the Online Admission Link
Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao, Myanmar, Malaysia, Philippines, East Timor, Thailand and Vietnam
- Must be nationals of one of the following countries: Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Myanmar, Malaysia, the Philippines, East Timor, Thailand, and Vietnam
- Have successfully completed a three-year university with above-average academic performance (upper third of class) not more than 6 years ago at the time of application.
- Clearly show motivation and strong commitment.
- Have thorough command of written English (IELTS or AIT-EET 6.0 or above). See eligibility
- Must fulfill AIT online admission requirements. Applicants must apply to online admission system and pay the processing fee
Female applicants and candidates from less privileged regions or groups are especially encouraged to apply.
Duration and Commencement
The duration of the Master program is generally two years starting in August. Please note that the maximum duration of the scholarship is based on the time that is left until the scholarship holder has reached the regular period of studies; i.e., if you apply for a DAAD scholarship starting in your second year of studies of a three-year programme, the maximum duration of the scholarship will be two years.
After the deadline of 1 December 2021, AIT will screen, pre-select (according to DAAD selection criteria) and short-list the applicants. Short-listed applicants will be contacted for the following additional documents:
- DAAD application form duly filled in (to be provided to short-listed applicants)
- Hand signed curriculum vitae (please use the European specimen form at http://europass.cedefop. Europa.eu), including a list of publications (if applicable).
- One recommendation letter by a university teacher
- Letter of admission from AIT
- Certified copies of university degree certificates including transcripts
- Letter of motivation (if applicable: mentioning the planned research stay in Germany, see “Additional benefits”)
- Copy of the passport
*Note: Only short-listed applicants will be contacted by AIT
Please note that all these documents need to be prepared and submitted by 23 December 2021.
The DAAD Scholarship aims at fostering strong, internationally oriented higher education systems in Southeast Asia with the capacity to contribute to sustainable development. To this end, scholarships are granted for development-related Master studies for individuals who plan to pursue a career in teaching and/or research at a higher education institution in Southeast Asia.
By training future academic and professional leaders, the scholarship program will have the following long-term impacts:
- Qualified professionals’ involvement in the solution of development-related problems in Southeast Asia
- Graduates strengthening education and research in Southeast Asia
- Structural strengthening and regional networking of partner institutions and partner universities
To achieve these long-term impacts, the following outcomes have been formulated as programme objectives:
- Scholarship Objective 1: Graduates are qualified to take the leadership in development and sustainability in their region of origin and beyond
- Scholarship Objective 2: The participation of women and underprivileged groups is reinforced
- Scholarship Objective 3: Organizational, financial and personal capacities of partner institutions are strengthened
The scholarship program aims at university staff in the first line, without neglecting the public sector demand of academically trained personnel.
It has been agreed upon that DAAD cooperates with AIT by offering up to 7 non-Thai scholarships and 3 Thai scholarships at AIT for the Fall intake 2022.
Scholarship Funding: The scholarship covers the following items:
The scholarship covers the following items:
|Tuition fees||Twice a year||The regularly charged amount|
|Study and research allowance||Annually||460 EUR|
|Printing allowance||Once (at the end)||400 EUR|
|Bursary(Accommodation, Food etc.)||Monthly||500 EUR|
|Travel allowance(Non-Thai)||Twice (beginning/end of scholarship)||The flat rate travel allowance will be specified in the letter of award|
|Insurance||The tuition fees include health insurance|
The scholarship will either be disbursed by the host institution, the German Embassy or will be paid directly to the scholarship holder´s banking account. Further details will be announced after admission to the scholarship programme.
DAAD scholarship holders are also encouraged to apply for a research stay in Germany for 2 up to 6 months. Please note: The short-term research stay in Germany should preferably be announced in the application for the regular scholarship and can only be awarded if the necessary financial means are available.
The short-term research scholarship includes:
- a monthly scholarship payment for living costs
- health/accident/personal liability insurance
- a flat-rate travel allowance
All further details regarding additional benefits and the additional application processes will be provided after being awarded the scholarship.
For more information about this scholarship, please see a file below;
For any inquiry, please contact us at email@example.com or direct message to us at http://m.me/dds.ait
Get a direct link to the AIT online admission
You can fill up your information on the form below to get direct access to the online admission via email.