Part-time Consultancy Opportunity for an Institute-wide Project
1.1. Funder: ADB (Asian Development Bank), JFPR (Japan Fund for Poverty Reduction)
1.2. Project: Climate Change Adaptation in Agriculture for Enhanced Recovery and Sustainability of Highlands
1.3. Lead: AIT and Nippon Koei Co.
1.4. Initiator: Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives, Thailand.
1.5. Objective: To strengthen the capacity of local governments and communities to address climate change and to demonstrate climate-smart agriculture (CSA) practices
1.6. Target Area: Nan Province, the Kingdom of Thailand
Takuji W. Tsusaka, DDS, SERD
3. Role of Consultant
To assist in the work stream “Agribusiness Value Chains Improvement”
- Assist in organizing and delivering workshops in Nan.
- Assist in collecting information through fieldwork and secondary sources.
- Assist in managing and analyzing data.
- Assist in writing a short report.
- Assist in coordination and communication with project members and stakeholders.
- Thai national residing in Thailand.
- Currently not a student.
- Master degree holder.
- The degree obtained in a social science (or interdisciplinary) field related to agriculture, natural resources, or forestry.
- Good command of both written and spoken English, equivalent to IELTS 6.5 or above.
- Experience in applying quantitative and qualitative analyses to conduct research.
- Team worker with interpersonal skills.
- Experience of fieldwork in rural areas.
- Can manage to work under time pressure.
- Willing to conduct and join field work in Nan province frequently.
- Estimated 33% of full-time work.
- Approximately a half of the work time is expected to be spent in Nan for fieldwork.
- Discretionary work system.
- THB 25,000/month + per diem during fieldwork.
- Contract period: 12 months, renewable up to 3 years in total.
- No fringe benefits.
7. Additional advantages
Can enrich your CV through:
- Gaining knowledge in agricultural and rural development.
- Gaining experience in a development project funded by a multilateral donor agency.
- Building professional network and references.
8. How to apply:
- Fill the application form and send it to email@example.com
- Deadline: 15th February 2021
- Note: only one candidate will be selected based on the qualifications.