NAREMATech Hackathon 2021: Managing the Natural Resources Beyond Imagination
Date-Time: Saturday 01 May 2021, 08:00 – 17:00 (ICT/GMT+0700 Bangkok Time)
Venue: Online Hackathon
Team Participant: Selected Team only
- Natural resources are important to support the growing population and economic growth. However, overexploitation and illegal exploitation have resulted in rapid loss and degradation of these important resources. We lose about $1-2 trillion annually due to illegal fishing, logging, and wildlife trade.
- Conventional management of these resources did not appear to be successful as natural resources continue to deplete. Can we stop these?
- With global enabling policies such as UN SDGs, UN Decade on Ecosystem Restoration, and UN Paris Agreement; impact financing; data and technologies availability; and new societal trends toward Sustainability; there are opportunities to manage our Natural Resources better
- However, Innovating approach, out-of-the-box and disruptive thinking are needed.
- NAREMATech or NAtural REsources MAnagement Technovation Hack aims to bring innovative technology solutions for managing the natural resources at speed and scale with transparent technologies and impact financing.
- Join us on 01 May 2021.
- You must communicate with course students to form the team. Only six teams are allowed.
- Team leader: Course student!
Program on 01 May 2021
- 8:00: Hacking Topic announced virtually
- 8:00-: Introduction and Rules by Nophea Sasaki
- 8:10-: Judge Introduction by Individual Judges
- Hack Part 1: Formulation of problems, development of technology platform
- Hack Part 2: Development of tech platform and pitch deck preparation
- 15:30-16:00: Pitch Deck Submission
- 16:00- 16:50: Pitching
- 17:00: Winners Announcement and Prizes
- 17:10: Closing Remarks (TBD)
Team and Rules
- Team members: 1 + Outsiders (Team leader decide team mebers)
- Each team is encouraged to use of any technology and publicly available data for NRM that maximize benefits in a sustainable and transparent manner.
- Coding: Coding skills are not required but preferred.
- Pitch must include NRM, impact investment and technology as part of the solutions
- At minimum, pitch must have a title (product name), problem (s) to be addressed, solutions (technology, platform), benefits, market sizes, target users, scalability
- Pitch duration: 5 minutes + 3 for Q & A (strictly followed)
- Only 6 teams are accepted
- Prizes will be announced on 01 May 2021
- NRM Prize
- HM Prince Prize
- Bangkok Penguim Prize
- Krutour Prize
- LEET Prize
- Zentory Prize